Return to CRPR Index Page
An agency of the Centre Region Council of Governments, State College, PA 16801
Register Online

Centre Region Parks & Recreation Authority


Vending / Catering / Soliciting on Pool Grounds
Park Forest Community Pool
Wm. L. Welch Community Pool

For Summer 2015, the Authority Board authorized Vending & Concession Licenses to the following firms:
(1) Bittner Vending Inc. and (2) Kader's Kona Ice Inc.

View the Recreation Authority's Commercial Services License Requirements

Municipal Park Ordinances:

            Solicitation:    No person shall solicit money, subscriptions or contributions for any purpose in any park unless authorized by permit from the Director of Parks and Recreation.

            Selling:           No person shall in any park exhibit, sell or offer for sale, hire, lease or let out any object, service or merchandise or anything whatsoever, whether corporeal or incorporeal, except by permit.

            A. Pool Patrons are permitted to bring their own food and/or beverages (no glass or alcohol).

B. The Authority will continue to request proposals and select the annual provider(s) for vending machine services and other concession services at their facilities. Those contracts provide for (1) a percentage of the gross sales to the Authority and (2) that only CRRA-licensed vendors may provide those services on CRRA properties.

C. Other vendors: Groups with approved events at the pool may request a permit to authorize their own vendors at their events. Such a request shall be made in writing no less than 3 weeks prior to the event.

The Agency Director is authorized to close a pool to facilitate agency-approved special events (i.e., CRPR Swim Meets). In these cases:

                        1.         All proposed operations by groups that involve sales, soliciting, etc. shall require a permit indicating staff or Authority approval. The permit fee may involve a percentage of the gross sales payable to CRRA or, for those solicitations not involving money, an administrative service fee.

                        2.         In all cases, groups may be invoiced for any special services / clean up as required and must follow all applicable health / food service ordinances.

                        3.         For any group providing food or beverage service, regardless if a fee is charged to patrons for those services, the group must appoint one or more individuals responsible for oversight of the vending / concessions. In advance of the services, those individuals must certify (sign) on an Authority form that:
- they will comply with any and all applicable health / food service protocols for the services to be provided, and that
- at least one of the signing individuals will be present at all times the services are provided.

            D. Solicitation and Other Requests: Groups or individuals may not post or distribute flyers, literature, products or services without CRRA approval. No solicitation is permitted without CRRA approval in advance. Such a request shall be made in writing no less than 3 weeks prior to the desired posting date.

The CRPR Authority is a publicly-funded, municipal agency serving 5 municipalities since 1966. The Authority also maintains 501c3 status.
© 1999-2016 All rights reserved.
The Centre Region Parks & Recreation Authority
2643 Gateway Drive #1, State College, PA. USA 16801   (814)231-3071   Fax 814.235.7832