Centre Region Senior Center
CODE OF CONDUCT
The Centre Region Senior Center strives to provide a safe, friendly and welcoming environment for adults, age 55 and older, to participate in activities, enjoy fellowship and engage in lifelong learning. For the safety and benefit of all participants, the following Code of Conduct is provided.
Participants at the Centre Region Senior Center shall:
- Treat fellow participants and staff respectfully and in the manner you wish to be treated.
- Provide, upon request, written approval from a healthcare professional before participating in an activity.
- Limit activities due to medical conditions and related limitations.
- Register a chaperone/aide to accompany a participant if additional assistance is needed.
Behaviors that constitute a violation include:
- Loud, disruptive, obscene, hateful or abusive language.
- Making threats or demonstrating threatening behavior verbally or in writing.
- Use of controlled substances, tobacco products or alcoholic beverages.
- Participating in activities while under the adverse influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Defacing, destroying or removal of Center property without permission.
- Lack of personal cleanliness or proper hygiene.
- Activities that negatively affect the health of others.
- Racial, religious, or sexual harassment.
- Physical altercations.
- Committing or attempting to commit any activity that violates any federal, state or local criminal statute or ordinance.
- Other behavior deemed inappropriate by the Senior Center Supervisor or staff.
These rules shall be applied in a neutral and nondiscriminatory manner to protect the patrons, property and staff of the Centre Region Senior Center. Offenders may be asked to leave, have privileges revoked or be subject to legal action.
Approved on September 19, 2013 by the Centre Region Parks & Recreation Authority Board