The Spring Creek Education Building
at Millbrook Marsh Nature Center, 528 Puddintown Road, College Township.
After years of planning and fundraising, on 29 March 2010 the Centre Region Parks & Recreation Authority awarded five contracts for the Phase 1 construction of the Spring Creek Education Building at Millbrook Marsh Nature Center. This phase of the project will include the Phase 1 section shown in the renderings below, including the foundation of the entire structure. Specifically, the Authority awarded the following contracts:
1. General Contract - Haranin Construction., Bellefonte, PA
2. Fire Sprinkler Contract - Anchor Fire Protection., Perkiomenville, PA
3. Plumbing Contract - Jos. C. Hazel Inc., Bellefonte, PA
4. Mechanical Contract - Allied Mechanical & Electrical, State College, PA
5. Elect. Contract - Strouse Electric., Howard, PA
The Bid Tabulation for the project is available HERE (PDF). The building is being funded by the Capital Campaign involving private contributions, municipal contributions and a $200,000 grant from the PA Dept. of Conservation & Natural Resources, Bureau of Recreation & Conservation. Construction started in April and will be complete by Spring 2011. The architect for this project is HP Architects, Boalsburg.
Above: Building elevation looking west.
Above: Building elevation looking south.
Click HERE to view a large-scale rendering of the front view (172 KB JPG image)