Millbrook Marsh Nature Center
Five Late-Summer Programs Announced! More...
Posted on 16 July 2014
• CRPR Preschooler Programs (including nature center programs)
• CRPR School-Age Programs (including nature center programs)
• CRPR Adult Programs (including nature center programs)
• CRPR Senior Adult Programs
• CRPR Special Events (across the region)
• CRPR Summer 2014 Specialty DAY CAMPS
"Friends of Millbrook Marsh Nature Center"
Link to informational flyer (PDF)
|• 2014 Group Exploration Programs
|• Boy & Girl Scout Badge Programs
Kid's Birthday Parties
at MMNC all year round!
Birthday Parties Year Round! Give your child a unique and memorable birthday at Millbrook Marsh Nature Center! Choose from five exciting party themes:
- Bug Bonanza
- Wild Things
- Feathered Friends
- Scavenger Hunt
Base fee of $175, includes up to 10 children + $10/child for each additional child, limit 25 children. Birthday parties are 2 hours in length, include one hour of leader led activities, and one hour of family time for cake, opening gifts, etc. To schedule a party email Melissa Freed, MMNC Program Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org or call the nature center at (814) 235-7819. Click HERE for more info.
2014 MMNC "Earth Day Birthday Festival" Report
held on Sunday, April 13, 2014, 2-5 PM
Fun Event Facts...
- 500 visitors to the event
- $448 = Donated to the nature center to support the event
- $525 = Value of items donated to support the event
- 362 hot dogs served
- 150 gallons of water consumed
- 185 MMNC re-useable water bottles used by visitors (instead of paper cups)
- 8 cases of bottled water
- 250 pieces of Earthday Birthday Cake
- 42 cups of Pudding at the “Dirt Bar Edible Craft”
- The average temperature for the day was 83 degrees!
- 48 volunteers from the community
- 9 event planning students from PSU RPTM
- 4 CRPR Staff Members
- 4 musicians
- 3 puppet shows
- 5 Giant Rabbits, 3 Birds of Prey, 10 Reptiles
- 1 lost tooth (c/o a 6 year old youngster)
In-Kind Donations of the 2014 MMNC Earth Day Birthday Festival were provided by:
- Weis Markets
- Sheetz (Valley Vista)
- Panera Bread
- State College Spikes
- Blaise Alexander Chrysler Jeep Dodge
- Dietz & Watson
- Rite Aid Pharmacy
- Honeybaked Ham
- Eat N Park
- Sounds – State College
- McDonald Lawn & Landscape
- ARPM Realty
- Pizza Mia
- Home Depot
- Penn State Alumni Assn.
- Trader Joe's
- Noodles and Company
- Giant Food Stores LLC
- Houck Home Care and Cleaning
The nature center grounds are open to the public from dawn to
dusk each day.
However, staff may not always be available on-site.
For more information, please phone the Nature Center Office at (814) 235-7819.
What else is going on at Millbrook Marsh? Visit the blog for stories, photos and more!
Return to Main Menu for MMNC